pic from City Bikes Mike
What a fun weekend with a lot of the Bike Lane folks.
I remember a few things from the weekend:
- trails so narrow in most spots that handlebars barely fit through. Often, they didn't fit through, and it was necessary to take some on the knuckles. Which pinky do I want to smash right now, left or right??
- today, my arms hurt more than my legs
- I had more crashes on those 3 night laps than I've had in the last 5 years racing combined. A couple hard crashes too, including one with that infamous tree hanging across the trail at helmet-height.
- the Solos were incredible; Tracy, Mike, Ricky, Becky....
- the 12-year-old kid on the single speed who was 15th after lap 1.
- the smorgasbord tail-gate buffet of healthy eats that Lauris, Danette, and their friend Justin had set up. Could feed our teams for a month.
- there were no number plates, no leg markings. I liked that. It didn't matter who you were passing, or who was passing you. Everyone treated everyone else kindly
- Jen's sterno S'mores, or chocolate sandwiches as "12 Hours of Oliver" called them.
- the free beer at the Pedalshop/ODBD tent
- the pancakes at the same tent
I love spending my weekends with the Bike Lane folks!
Thanks and congrats to all.